Minnesota Tales

The Cokato Enterprise, March 3, 1898, p. 5


A fire in the chimney in the S. J. Anderson building caused a good deal of excitement in town last Tuesday. The chimney being defective in the attic of the building, a good deal of smoke accumulated there, and began coming out through the roof, this made it appear as though the building was on fire. The fire bell was rung incessantly, calling a large crowd of people to the scene. The engine was hurriedly drawn to a cistern and preparations made to fight the fire when it was discovered that no fire existed.

Copyright 2013 KinSource All Rights Reserved